Each neighborhood in Philadelphia has its own unique charm and culture. Food plays a major role in defining the character of our city’s neighborhoods. In the Queens Village section of the city, you can find a wide range of different cuisines and some of the best meals the city has to offer. Our Philadelphia personal injury lawyers are big fans of the following spots:
If you’re a fan of Greek and Mediterranean food, we highly recommend having a meal at Kanella South. It’s a great environment for dinner, with friendly service and a variety of options to suit every pallet and diet.
Some of our favorite choices for dinner at Kanella South include:
- Mixed kebab with pork loin and seftalia
- Halloumi pita with grilled Cypriot halloumi
- Homemade gyro served in a pita with fries and tzatziki sauce
- Falafel platter
- Spanakopita, a traditional spinach pie with tomato, olive salad, and Greek yogurt
- Cuprus potato salad
If you’re looking for an upscale Italian dinner, Ambra is one of the best choices in Philadelphia. In fact, we think Ambra is one of the best restaurants in the city, period. Be prepared to drop at least $82 per person, but believe us, it’s worth the splurge. The menu is in a prix fixe format, in which you get nine courses for a fixed price.
The menu is fixed and varies, so you’ll have to trust the chefs here. But trust us, they know how to put a world-class tasting menu together.
Royal Sushi & Izakaya
This restaurant offers both an izakaya bar as well as an omakase dinner option at the sushi bar – in our opinion, this is some of the best Japanese food in the entire city. It’s awesome for group outings, as most of the menu items are designed to be shared. If you’re looking for a fun place to celebrate a birthday, graduation, or other special event, we think Royal Sushi and Izakaya is a fine choice.
Some of our favorite things we’ve tried here include:
- Ginger salad
- Asari miso soup
- Kewpie potato salad
- Yaki curry tofu
- Tara Saikyo miso
- Asari no Sakamushi
- Surume Ike Yaki
- Donko shiitake mushroom
- Spicy crunch tuna roll
- Avocado cucumber roll
Do you like Mediterranean food and seafood? If so, Dmitri’s is a perfect choice for dinner. This small, cozy BYOB does not take reservations – so be prepared to wait. But in our opinion, the wait is always well worth it at Dmitri’s. And for such good food, we think it’s a pretty good bargain too.
Some of our favorite dishes on the menu at Dmitri’s include:
- Grilled octopus
- Shrimp pil pil
- Seafood Fettuccine
- Steamed seafood combo
- Bluefish Greek style
- Avocado citrus salad
Lucky’s Last Chance
If you’re in the mood for a few beers and some simple, but delicious bar food, Lucky’s Last Chance is always a great choice. The menu specializes in treats like gourmet hot dogs, delectable burgers, a variety of loaded tater tots, and much more.
Some of our favorite things to munch on at Lucky’s Last Chance include:
- Voodoo Hot Dog – Shredded cajun chicken, American cheese, onion strings, and a secret sauce on a butter toasted roll
- Buffalo Bill Hot Dog – Topped with shredded Buffalo chicken and blue cheese crumbles
- Mak Attack – Burger topped with cheese, mac & cheese, and a third layer of cheese
- My Boy Bleu – Burger topped with crumbled bleu cheese, onion strings, diced tomatoes, and cheese between the patties
- Good Ol’ Tots – Tater tots topped with BBQ smoked pulled pork, house-made BBQ sauce, and homemade slaw.